U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command
October 26, 2005
Department of Defense Neurofibromatosis Research Program Announces $3.2 Million Fiscal Year 2005 (FY05) Neurofibromatosis Consortium Development Award Recipients
The Department of Defense Neurofibromatosis Research Program (NFRP), in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health, sponsored a meeting in 2004 to discuss barriers to the development and clinical testing of novel treatments that are critically needed to enhance the quality of life of individuals with neurofibromatosis (NF) and their families. Meeting participants determined that ground-breaking advances in the clinical management and treatment of NF would most likely be made by supporting the development of an NF consortium.
The FY05 NFRP NF Consortium Development Operations Center Award Recipient is:
- Jeannette Lee, Ph.D., University of Alabama at Birmingham.
The FY05 NFRP NF Consortium Development Site Award Recipients are:
- David Gutmann, M.D., Ph.D., Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Mira Irons, M.D., Children's Hospital Boston
- Bruce Korf, M.D., Ph.D., University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Roger Packer, M.D., Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Peter Phillips, M.D., Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Elizabeth Schorry, M.D., Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- James Tonsgard, M.D., University of Chicago
- David Viskochil, M.D., Ph.D., University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- Brigitte Widemann, M.D., National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland
Recipients of the FY05 NFRP NF Consortium Development Operations Center and FY05 NFRP NF Consortium Development Site Awards are now collaborating to develop a consortium and submit a proposal and clinical protocols to the FY06 NFRP Consortium Award. The Consortium Award will be openly competed pending receipt of Congressional appropriations for FY06.
Requests for e-mail notification when Program Announcements are released may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the NFRP, previous NFRP awardees and Program Announcements, and other CDMRP-sponsored programs and events, please visit our web site: http://cdmrp.army.mil.