Released: November 16, 2007
DOD CDMRP Research Funding for 2008
The Fiscal Year 2008 (FY08) Defense Appropriation Act (Public Law 110-116) provides research funding for the following programs managed by the Department of Defense office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP):
- Breast Cancer Research Program $138 Million
- Prostate Cancer Research Program $80 Million
- Ovarian Cancer Research Program $10 Million
- Gulf War Illness Research Program $10 Million
- Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program $50 Million
- Neurofibromatosis Research Program $8 Million
- Autism Research Program $6.4 Million
- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Research Program $4 Million
Program Announcements are anticipated to be released in early 2008 with detailed descriptions of funding mechanisms, evaluation criteria, submission requirements, and deadlines. Each Program Announcement will be available electronically for downloading from the Grants.gov website (http://www.grants.gov) and the CDMRP website (http://cdmrp.army.mil) upon its release.
Requests for e-mail notification of the Program Announcement release may be sent to email@example.com. For more information about the CDMRP-sponsored programs, please visit the CDMRP website: (http://cdmrp.army.mil).
As occurred in 2007, full proposals requesting funding from the CDMRP programs must be submitted through the Federal Government's single entry portal Grants.gov (http://www.grants.gov) in compliance with Public Law 106-107. Program Announcements and required forms can also be found on this website. Pre-Applications (such as a Letter of Intent or Pre-Proposal) will also be required, and these must be submitted through the CDMRP eReceipt website, https://cdmrp.org.
For more information about the CDMRP, previous awardees and Program Announcements, as well as other CDMRP-sponsored programs and events, please visit our web site: http://cdmrp.army.mil.
Points of Contact:
- Gail Whitehead, Public Affairs Coordinator, CDMRP, 301-619-7783