Released: June 16, 2010
PEER REVIEWED ORTHOPAEDIC RESEARCH PROGRAM
FY2010 ORTHOPAEDIC REHABILITATION CLINICAL CONSORTIUM AWARD
The Department of Defense Fiscal Year 2010 Appropriation included $22.5 million for the Peer Reviewed Orthopaedic Research Program (PRORP) of the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). The PRORP has released the following program announcement planned for Fiscal Year 2010:
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Clinical Consortium Award
Full Program Announcement, Application Instructions and deadlines are available on the CDMRP website: http://cdmrp.army.mil/funding/prorp.
DoD Fiscal Year 2010 Peer Reviewed Orthopaedic Research Program:
The FY2010 Peer Reviewed Orthopaedic Research Program (PRORP) challenges the scientific community to design innovative research that will foster new directions for and address neglected issues in the field of combat-related orthopaedic injury research. Though the PRORP supports groundbreaking research, all projects must demonstrate appropriate judgment and sound rationale. Applications involving multidisciplinary collaborations among academia, industry, the military services, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and other Federal Government agencies are highly encouraged.
The PRORP Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Clinical Consortium Award mechanism is being offered for the first time in FY10. The intent of the award is to fund clinical rehabilitation studies focused on improving functional outcomes of severe musculoskeletal injuries associated with military combat. The award is designed to bring together populations of military orthopaedic trauma patients, the combat-relevant research expertise of the specified military treatment facilities (MTFs) (listed in Section B.2 of the full program announcement), and the patient populations and research expertise of highly qualified civilian rehabilitation scientists (i.e. from the fields of physical medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and/or orthopaedic trauma) at outstanding organizations. Maximum funding is $19.5 million in total (direct plus indirect) costs for a period of performance of five (5) years.
Award Mechanism Deadlines:
- Required Pre-Applications (including pre-proposal narrative with five page limit) are submitted through http://cdmrp.org and are due by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on July 16, 2010.
- Invitation to submit an application: August 2010
- Q&A Informational Meeting: September 13, 2010 in the Washington, DC metro area.
- Applications are submitted through http://grants.gov/ and are due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 29, 2010.
Point of Contact:
- Dorsey Dupont or Gail Whitehead, Public Affairs, CDMRP, 301-619-9783