Department of Defense
United States Army Medical Research Materiel Command
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs
Released: April 18, 2011
CDMRP Research Funding for 2011
The Fiscal Year 2011 Department of Defense Appropriations Act provides research funding for the following programs managed by the Department of Defense (DoD) office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP):
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Research Program - $8 million
- Autism Research Program - $6.4 million
- Bone Marrow Failure Research Program - $4 million
- Breast Cancer Research Program - $150 million
- Gulf War Illness Research Program - $8 million
- Lung Cancer Research Program - $12.8 million
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Program - $4.8 million
- Neurofibromatosis Research Program - $16 million
- Ovarian Cancer Research Program - $20 million
- Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program - $16 million
- Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program - $50 million
- Prostate Cancer Research Program - $80 million
- Spinal Cord Injury Research Program - $12 million
- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Research Program - $6.4 million
Comprehensive Program Announcements are expected to be released during spring/summer of 2011. The announcements will include detailed descriptions of funding mechanisms, evaluation criteria, submission requirements, and deadlines. Each Program Announcement may be downloaded from the Grants.gov website (http://www.grants.gov), the CDMRP website (http://cdmrp.army.mil), and the CDMRP eReceipt website (https://cdmrp.org) upon its release.
Requests for e-mail notification of the Program Announcement releases may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the Program Announcement is released and prior to the deadline, a Pre-Application (a Letter of Intent or Pre-Proposal) is required, and must be submitted through the CDMRP eReceipt website (https://cdmrp.org). Some required forms can also be found on this website. Full applications must be submitted through the Grants.gov website (http://www.grants.gov).
If further funding opportunities become available, additional announcements will be released on the CDMRP website. For more information about the CDMRP, previous awardees and Program Announcements, as well as other CDMRP-sponsored Programs and events, please visit the website at http://cdmrp.army.mil.
Point of Contact:
- Jennie Mettert-Young