Released: November 5, 2010
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE LUNG CANCER RESEARCH PROGRAM
FISCAL YEAR 2010 LUNG CANCER EARLY DETECTION CLINICAL CONSORTIUM AWARD
The Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2010 (FY10) Appropriations Act provides $15 million to the Lung Cancer Research Program (LCRP) of the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). The LCRP has released the following program announcement planned for FY10:
- Lung Cancer Early Detection Clinical Consortium Award
Full Program Announcement, Application Instructions, and deadlines are available on the CDMRP website: https://cdmrp.army.mil/funding/lcrp.
DOD Fiscal Year 2010 Lung Cancer Research Program:
The goal of the LCRP is to eradicate death from lung cancer to better the health and welfare of the military and the American public. As such, the LCRP will support a program for the early detection of lung cancer in military beneficiaries (Armed Forces and the US veteran population).
The LCRP Early Detection Clinical Consortium Award mechanism is being offered for the first time in FY10. The intent of the award is to fund clinical studies focused on characterizing, developing, and/or improving early detection modalities for lung cancer. The award is designed to bring together populations of military beneficiaries at high risk for developing lung cancer and lung cancer patients from the specified military treatment facilities (MTFs) (listed in Section B.2 of the full program announcement) with the patient populations and research expertise of highly qualified civilian scientists at outstanding organizations. Maximum funding is $13.5 million in total (direct plus indirect) costs for a period of performance of five (5) years.
Award Mechanism Deadlines:
- Required Pre-Applications are submitted through http://cdmrp.org and are due by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on November 19, 2010.
- Questions are submitted to email@example.com and will be accepted until November 19, 2010.
- Applications are submitted through https://grants.gov/ and are due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 7, 2010.
Point of Contact:
- Gail Whitehead, Public Affairs, CDMRP, 301-619-7783