2019 BCRP Landscape Video (Text Version)
Breast cancer is a global health issue.
Worldwide, breast cancer accounts for nearly a quarter of all cancers in women.
The DoD Breast Cancer Research Program plays a leading role in the fight against breast cancer through its focus on innovative and impactful research that will bring an end to this disease.
The BCRP challenges the research community to design high-impact projects that will lead to breakthroughs and address the urgency of ending breast cancer.
Investigators applying to the BCRP should address the following overarching challenges:
- Prevent breast cancer.
- Identify determinants of breast cancer initiation, risk, or susceptibility.
- Distinguish deadly from non-deadly breast cancer.
- Conquer the problems of over-diagnosis and over-treatment.
- Revolutionize treatment regimens by replacing them with ones that are more effective, less toxic, and impact survival.
- Identify what drives breast cancer growth… and determine how to stop it.
- Identify why some breast cancers become metastatic.
- Determine why and how breast cancer cells lie dormant for years and then re-emerge… and determine how to prevent lethal recurrence.
- And eliminate the mortality associated with metastatic breast cancer.
We need bright minds with innovative ideas.
Submit a proposal that addresses one of these overarching challenges, and work with the BCRP to end breast cancer.DoD Breast Cancer Research Program